CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Investigators are now looking into what sparked a house fire in Cortland.
Crews were called to a home on Harrington Avenue around 8:15 p.m. Saturday. They arrived to find flames coming out of the second floor windows.
Firefighters were able to get everything under control quickly.
There were reports that one person had gone back into the home, but that person was later found on a rear porch.
Another person was taken to Cortland Regional Medical Center for smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Fire officials say there was extensive damage to the room where the fire started and smoke and heat damage throughout the second floor. They say no one will be able to live in the home until repairs are made.